Monte Cristo Breakfast Bake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1loaf french bread ( long thin loaf from bakery dept)
1 cwhipped cream cheese
1/2 lbshaved black forest ham
1/2 lbshaved deli turkey
2 tspdijon or yellow mustard
1/2 lbsliced swiss cheese
·syrup ( strawberry, rasberry, or( boisenberry** preferred)
How to Make Monte Cristo Breakfast Bake
- coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. ( I prefer a metal or disposable pan to glass)
- Slice french bread in to 1/4 inch slices approx 18-20 slices. enough for top and bottom of each sandwich on the dish.
- Mix mustard and cream cheese. Spread cheese thinly on one layer of french bread. ( filling only the bottom of the pan with one layer of bread and cream cheese)
- Place swiss cheese over bread layer. Follow with ham, then turkey. I like to used the shaved meat and pile loosely on top.
- Place remaining bread slices on top of casserole. Try to line up like small sandwiches to ease removal from the pan.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk. with egg beater. Pour over sandwiches and once they sit for a few minutes turn them over with a spatula to coat both sides of bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 30 min or overnight for best results. Remove foil and dot with butter before baking.
- Bring to room temp before baking and bake at 400 for 30-40 mins.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. I like to serve this with Raspberry, Strawberry or Boisenberry syrup.