Sugar Free, Low Fat Apple Cranberry Bread
2 3/4 cself rising flour
1/2 cunsweetened almond milk
3/4 cnonfat plain greek yogurt (i use fage total 0%)
1 cgranular no calorie sweetener (i use hyvee delecta but there's plenty of brands like swerve and truvia)
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 cfresh cranberries (chopped)
2 mediumapples (diced) (i used red delicious)
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspcountry crock, melted
2 Tbsporange zest
1 tsplemon juice
How to Make Sugar Free, Low Fat Apple Cranberry Bread
- Preheat oven to 375
Line bread pan with parchment paper
- Dice your apples and place in a small bowl and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg whites and melted country crock (make sure it's not still hot!). Bubbles and/or fluffiness is a plus!
- Whisk in sweetener and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Whisk in yogurt until smooth.
- Lightly stir in orange zest. You can also add in a few dashes of cinnamon if you'd like.
- Stir in 1/3 of flour mixture, then half the milk (1/4 c), then 1/3 flour, last of milk, finishing with the last of the flour. Stir until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the cranberries and apples.
- Pour into bread pan and bake in oven for 45-55 minutes. A knife inserted in the center will come out mostly clean.
- Once out of the oven let it sit in the pan for about 10 minutes and then lift out and place on a cooling rack.