3 cself rising flour
3eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 coil
1 1/2 cfresh strawberries, pulsed for just a moment in a blender --or --
2 (10 oz) pkgfrozen strawberries, thawed and sliced
1 1/4 cpecans, chopped
·red food coloring, optional
How to Make Strawberry Bread
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add eggs and oil, stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in strawberries and pecans. Blend in food coloring, if desired.
- Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Let stand overnight before slicing. (I don't know why the recipe calls for that, I don't do it, lol.)
Yield: 2 loaves