Spicy Lemon, Pear & Ginger Nut Bread
I hope that you will enjoy my creation for the Ready Set Cook - 2018 game over at Food Friends and Fun. It's spicy and delicious.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 csoft butter
1 1/4 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tsplemon zest
2 cwhite flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspfreshly ground cinnamon
1/4 tspfreshly ground mace or nutmeg
1/2 chalf n half cream
1/8 c1/8 cup water + 1 thbs
1 1/2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cfresh, peeled, diced pear
1 Tbspfinely chopped candied ginger
1/3 ccoarsley chopped hazelnuts
1/3 cicing sugar
2 1/2 tsphalf n half cream
How to Make Spicy Lemon, Pear & Ginger Nut Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Butter or spray a 9 - x 5 - x 3 - inch loaf pan and lightly flour the pan; get rid of any excess flour.
Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
Then add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Into a small bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and mace, mix well to combine.
- In a measuring cup add the half and half cream, water and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Next with your mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and the milk mixture alternately in batches, into your butter mixture. (Please begin and end with the flour mixture.)
- Next, gently add the pear, candied ginger and nuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 - 60 minutes.
While the bread is baking prepare your glaze. If using.
- Glaze: In a small bowl stir together the icing sugar and cream until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Cool the baked bread for 10 - 15 minutes then remove from pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Now drizzle the simple glaze over the bread and enjoy!