CREAMY CARAMEL-PECAN ROLLS
Recipe & photo: BHG Our Best Recipes
1-1/4 csifted powdered sugar
1/3 cwhipping cream
1 ccoarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1 Tbspground cinnamon
216 oz. loaves frozen white bread dough - or - sweet roll dough, thawed
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make CREAMY CARAMEL-PECAN ROLLS
- For topping, in a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream; divide evenly between two 9x1-1/2-inch greased round baking pans. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Starting from a long side, roll up each rectangle into a spiral. Seal seams. Cut each spiral into 12 slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on topping in pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes). Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick.
- Bake in a preheated 375º oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover rolls loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes. Carefully invert rolls onto platters. Serve warm.