Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Scones
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The breakfast of champions: a mug of hot coffee and these scones! These sweet little bites boast a subtle chocolate flavor that perfectly compliments a dark roast. No need to head to an expensive coffee shop anymore! The Test Kitchen
1 3/4 cflour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
4 ozcream cheese
1/4 ccold butter
3/4 cheavy whipping cream
1/2 ccocoa powder
2/3 cchocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Scones
- Pour the whipping cream, egg and vanilla in bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine flour,cocoa,sugar,baking powder and salt.
- Add in cold cream cheese and butter.
- Using your fingers, break up cream cheese and butter until it becomes the size of small peas.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Add in liquid mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour out onto a floured surface and knead a few times. (do not over knead)
- Roll out and use your favorite large cookie cutter to cut dough or roll out into a rectangle and cut into 8 triangles.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with an egg wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 375
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.