Better than Starbucks' Pumpkin Bread
LOVEEE Pumpkin Bread, I thought, but not just ANY pumpkin bread...STARBUCKS Pumpkin Bread. What is it about Starbucks' Pumpkin Bread that makes it worth it? The moisture! It is perfectly moist and dense. I set out to get the same density and taste.
1 cpumkin puree (not pie mix -- i used libby's)
1 1/2 cflour
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspground ginger
1/4 tspall spice
1/4 tspground cloves
1/3 croasted salted shelled pumkin seeds (optional)
How to Make Better than Starbucks' Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Flour, sugar, baking soda, and Spices (Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and All Spice).
*Note: 2 tsp of Pumpkin Spice can be used instead of Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and All Spice.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs until beaten. Wisk in pumkin puree, vegetable oil, and vanilla until just mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
*Note: Do not overmix. Mix just until ingredients are combined.
- Mix honey with a few drops of water. Mix in pumpkin seeds.
*Note: The topping is optional. I could not find Shelled pumpkin seeds so I brushed the finished bread with honey I had mixed with a few drops of water. If you use the seeds, you will use the honey before baking.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan and smooth out. Add pumpkin seeds that have been mixed with honey and water, to the top of the batter.
- Bake 50 min to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note: Do not overbake. If you have an oven that tends to cook faster, you can cover with foil the last 20 minutes if cook time to prevent excessive browning or reduce the heat by 10° from the start.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes after removing from oven. Remove bread and let cool on a wire rack.
*Note: If you didn't use pumpkin seeds, now is the time you can brush the top with they honey mixture.
- Cut in thick slices.