- 1 pkg
- 2 Tbsp
- warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 c
- mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1/3 c
- warm milk (110-115 degrees)
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp
- 3-3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Squash Braid
- 1In small bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- 2In mixing bowl, combine squash, milk, butter, egg, br. sugar and salt. Mix well. Add yeast mixture and 1 1/2 cups flour; mix well.
- 3Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface.
- 4Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turn once to grease top. Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Punch down dough. Divide into thirds, roll each third into 18 inch rope. Place on greased baking sheet. Braid ropes together, pinch ends. Cover, let rise to double. About 30 minutes.
- 6Combine glaze ingredients and brush over bread.
- 7Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.