How to Make Easy Peasy Herbed Focaccia Bread
- 1. In a cold skillet cook olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary and black pepper over low heat 5 to 10 minutes or until aromatic, but do not allow the garlic to brown. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and the honey; stir a few times then let sit for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the flour and a 1/4 cup of the garlic-olive oil mixture. Stir a few times until the flour has moistened and let sit for another 5 minutes
- 3. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and the salt. Then transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough 10 to 15 times until smooth. Transfer to a large oiled bowl, cover with a warm, damp towel and let rise for 1 hour in a warm area of your kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Use two tablespoons of the remaining garlic-olive oil mixture and oil a 9-inch by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Transfer dough to the baking sheet and press it down into the pan. Use your fingers to poke the dough all over then drizzle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the garlic-olive oil mixture. Let the dough rise for 20 minutes until it puffs slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer focaccia bread to a cooling rack and cool before cutting into squares to serve.