Blue Ribbon Recipe
So easy, and so good! With a wonderfully salty top and a rich, yeasty texture, these rolls are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Cloverleaf Rolls
- 1Dissolve yeast in the warm milk in bowl of electric mixer. Stir in 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth.
- 2Stir in enough of the remaining flour, adding the oil, sugar, and salt; mixing on low speed until a soft dough forms. (You might have to add more than the 3 cups to get it to the soft dough stage.) Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- 3Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prep a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. (I tend to use melted butter since baked on spray is hard to wash off.)
- 4Punch down the dough in the center and fold over a couple times. Pinch the dough in 1 inch balls and quickly roll in the center of your palms.
- 5Place 3 balls in each muffin cup; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt. Put in oven and bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 6Enjoy! (These are best eaten the day they are made.)