Wheat-Honey Rolls (Overnight)
1 pkg1/4 ounce active dry yeast
1 1/4 cwarm water (110-115 degrees) divided
1/4 ccanola oil
4 tspvital wheat gluten, optional
1 1/2 cwheat flour (hard red wheat)
2 1/2 cbread flour
·melted butter, optional
How to Make Wheat-Honey Rolls (Overnight)
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, and 1 tsp sugar. Let yeast bloom. (5-10 minutes)
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add the yeast mixture, honey, oil, salt, whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten and remaining water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Shape each portion into nine balls.
- To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under.
- Place rolls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter if desired.