Oh Nut's! Quick Bread
As to the buttermilk level, I live in a dry area and always seem to need to add a bit more liquid to most everything. Start with 3/4 cup and add a bit more if needed.
1 cwhole wheat flour
1 cregular baking flour
2/3 cbrown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 1/2 tspcardamom
3/4 tspground ginger
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspsea salt
2whole eggs, beaten
3/4 -1 cbuttermilk
1/2 clemon infused olive oil
3/4 -1 cchopped pecans, can use a nut mix or your favorite
How to Make Oh Nut's! Quick Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Coat a 9inx5in loaf pan with lemon infused olive oil or non-stick spray.
Chop the nuts to the size you like and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the whole wheat flour, white flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a larger bowl mix together the beaten eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just stirring enough that the ingredients are barely moistened. Don’t over-mix!.
Then gently fold in the nuts.
- Bake (I have found that the sweet spot for a loaf pan is the level just below the center. If you only have 3 rack level's use the center) until browned and the sides are starting to pull away from the sides of the pan. About 25-30 mins.
- Remove from oven when bread fully springs back from a touch test. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, gently remove from pan and completely cool.