1/4 clukewarm water
2 pkgactive dry yeast
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 ccornmeal, wholegrain if possible
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 cwarm milk 105 to 115 degrees
1/2 cpumpkin puree
1/2 csoft butter or margarine
2 Tbspmelted butter or margarine
How to Make Maine Rolls
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with pinch of sugar in a small bowl. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes until foamy.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well and stir in dissolved yeast, milk, egg, pumpkin, and butter. Beat until dough is sticky. Add extra flour until dough pulls into a ball. Knead dough on a floured board for 5 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a buttered bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape dough into 2 dozen balls. Place in two 9x9 inch buttered pans. Cover. Let rolls rise for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Brush rolls with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little cornmeal.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Serve hot or warm.
- Per Serving:
Protein 3.4 g
Fat 5.7 g
Carbs 23.2 g
Sodium 155 mg