The honey helps keep them soft longer and adds a light sweet flavor.
How to Make Honey Rolls
- Stir the butter and honey into the hot scalded milk and stir until the butter melts, cool until only lukewarm.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add to the cooled milk mixture along with the salt and 2 cups of the flour.
- Blend in the eggs and the rest of the flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead lightly until smooth.
- Place in a buttered bowl, cover , and let rise until double.
- Shape into rolls and place in a buttered 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise again.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until tops are golden.