Family Favorite Dinner Rolls
Sheila from Briarwoods Farm
1 csourdough starter
1 1/2 cwarm water
2 Tbspwhite or brown sugar
2 Tbspolive oil
3-4 cflour (i use half white and half whole wheat)
How to Make Family Favorite Dinner Rolls
- Lightly butter a couple of round cake pans or a 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine starter, water, yeast, sugar, salt and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is manageable.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead well.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover; set in a warm place to double in size.
- When doubled, punch dough down and form into balls. Place on prepared pan(s) and cover; let rise until doubled and then p=bake approximately 20 minutes in a 375 degree (F) oven.
- Brush with melted butter or rub the end of a stick of butter on each roll and return to oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.