Easy Homemade Bread
How to Make Easy Homemade Bread
- 1-In a large mixing bowl, whisk together warm water and honey until honey is dissolved. Add yeast, and cover with a towel.
- 2-In about 10-20 minutes, your mixture should look delightfully frothy.
- 3-Mix in your salt, and then add the bread flour one cup at a time. (Use the whisk for the first three cups and then switch to a wooden spoon or silicone spatula for the last three cups.)
- 4-Add a little extra flour to your hands and knead the dough, about 5 minutes. (Knead the dough right in the large mixing bowl. It keeps your counter cleaner.) Place kneaded dough in a large, greased bowl and cover with the towel.
- 5-After an hour, your dough should have risen significantly.
- 6-Punch the dough for awhile then knead again for a couple of minutes. *Divide into two lightly greased loaf pans and cover with your towel once more.
- 7-After allowing the dough to rise for 30 minutes in the loaf pans, bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 30-35 minutes.
- A lot of bread recipes use an oven at 350, 325 works better if you use honey.