☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1/2 cmilk (any variety)
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1 1/2 cwhite flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 ccurrents (optional)
How to Make Corn Scones
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Melt butter. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar into the milk then add melted butter.
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal and flour. Sprinkle in the salt and baking powder and mix together. Add the currents, if using.
- Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- On a floured surface, press dough into and 8 inch circle that's about 1/2 inch thick. Slice circle into eights.
- Separate wedges and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.