Corn pone ( fried hot water cornbread)
You can omit the flour and sub cornmeal back in for gluten free . they will just be a bit denser
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 cboiling water
How to Make Corn pone ( fried hot water cornbread)
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Slowly add boiling water and stir . you want it to be thick enough to pat into a patty. It may not take all the water. Humidity can affect how much is needed
- Heat about 1/2" of oil in skillet
- Take a good spoonful of mix and form into a patty about 2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Make sure oil is HOT and lower patty into oil cooking until browned and flip over. Browning on both sides
- Remove from oil and place on plate with paper towel to drain.