Cheesy Soft Pretzels
1 tspactive dry yeast
1 1/2 cwater, warm
4 1/2 cflour
4 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 ccheese, shredded
1egg - beaten
How to Make Cheesy Soft Pretzels
- Preheat oven 450*. In a measuring cup stir yeast, warm water, sugar and salt together let proof for 5-10 minutes till bubbly.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, melted butter add yeast mixture. mix with wooden spoon (I use my clean hands) to form a ball.
- Flour a work surface, knead dough 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover and set aside for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Knead dough on floured surface for 5 minutes. Divide into 8-10 balls, roll out dough into a 12 inch length. Twist into pretzel shape.
- Meanwhile, bring 10 Cups of water to a boil, add 2/3 cups baking soda to the water. After pretzels are formed, drop into boiling soda water for 30 seconds. Remove and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush pretzels with egg wash (egg & water mixed) and sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice. Place into oven to bake for 12-15 min... check them for brown color.