BREAD MACHINE CRESCENT ROLLS
·put in breadmaker in order as listed:
1 cWarm milk
1 stickMelted butter
2 1/2 TbspDry instant yeast (also known as breadmaker yeast)
How to Make BREAD MACHINE CRESCENT ROLLS
- 1.PREP: Melt butter in microwave in a mug. Measure out 4 cups of flour and place in a bowl. Put sugar and salt in a different bowl. Measure out yeast and put in another bowl. Now heat milk in microwave until real warm.
DUMP all ingredients IN ORDER AS THEY APPEAR. DO NOT STIR. Shut lid and set it on "dough". Press start. It will take 90 minutes which includes it's raise time.
- 2. Pull out bucket of dough and turn it over and let the dough fall out. Divide into 2 balls.
3. With a rolling pin on a floured surface, roll out a 9inch circle with the first ball of dough. Brush the circle with more melted butter. Cut into 6, 8 or 12 wedges (like a pie)I use a pizza cutter to do this. The 6 will be a nice size for sandwiches, the 8 or 12 will be large enough for dinner rolls.
4.Starting from the wide end, roll up to look like a crescent roll. Place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Set on table and let rise for 2 hours to double in size.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
NOTE: Timing is important when working with yeast. That's why you prep your ingredients beforehand so you just dump everything in all at once without waiting to beat eggs, or melt butter, etc.
NOTE: To make cinnamon crescents, use 1/2 cup sugar instead of 2T and smear a cinnamon roll filling on your circle before cutting into wedges. Continue as before. I cut my circles in 8ths for these.
NOTE: Want something savory instead? On your circle layer a thin layer of pizza sauce, pepperoni chopped and shredded mozzeralla. Roll up as directed.
There are tons of uses for this dough. Maybe a huge calzone?!? You're the baker, you decide!