Blueberry Lemon Bread
1 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbsplemon juice
2eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 csour cream or plain greek yogurt
2 Tbsplemon zest
1 cblueberries, fresh or frozen
3/4 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, lemon juice, and eggs
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream OR the Greek yogurt, stirring gently.
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries. Do not over mix
- Pour into a well-greased 8 x 4” loaf pan. Bake at 375- degrees F. for 20 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, turn the oven down to 350-degrees F. Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Combine about ¾ cup powdered sugar and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice to form a glaze. Drizzle it onto the bread while still warm. When cooled completely, wrap in tin foil to keep fresh until it is served.
- Note: The bread will be moister on the second day.