1 stickof butter (8 tablespoons)
2 call purpose flour
3/4 csugar (or 18 packets of saccharin sweetener)
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tspalmond extract (or) vanilla extract
About 1 Tbspof butter, to coat inside of baking pan
How to Make Banana Bread
- Place metal baking rack on the middle shelf in your onen.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- Melt the stick of butter, then add to your mashed bananas.
- Now add the flour, sugar (or Saccharin Sweetener), eggs, baking soda, almond extract (or vanilla extract), and the salt.
- Mix the ingredients together. The batter doesn’t have to be absolutely smooth. There will still be small pieces of banana visible.
- Place your baking pan in the preheated oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from the oven, and insert wooden toothpick in the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean and dry, the bread is done. If not, return baking pan to the oven and continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes, and test again. The bread should be done at this point. Mine was done within 45 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully tip the banana bread over onto a metal cooling rack, or plate. Cool completely, then cut into slices and serve. I cut the banana bread into 9 (one inch thick slices), then cut those slices in half. This made 18 servings all together.