Jam & Cream Cheese Muffins
You can use any flavor of jam that you desire.
Adapted from taste of home muffins and cupcake magazine.
MUFFIN INGREDIENTS :
2 1/2 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/4 cmilk
1/2 clight brown sugar ; packed
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/2 tspalmond extract
FILLING INGREDIENTS :
8 ozcream cheese
1/4 tspalmond extract
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 to 1/3 cjam flavor of your choosing ; stirred smooth
How to Make Jam & Cream Cheese Muffins
- Preheat oven @ 375°
- In a mixing bowl , beat the cream cheese , powdered sugar and extract until smooth ; set aside.
- In a large bowl , combine the flour , baking powder and salt
- In another small mixing bowl , beat the egg , milk , brown sugar , butter and extract .
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into greased muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 TBS. cream cheese mixture and 1 Teas. of the jam.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pans and then remove onto a wire rack.