Delicious Gluten-free Pumpkin Spice Cornmeal Muffins
These muffins also have kid approval.
1/2 colive oil, light
3/4 cfresh roasted pumpkin puree or 100% pure pumpkin
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tsppie spice (pumpkin or apple)
1 cstone ground cornmeal
1 cPamela's Baking Mix or other gluten free baking mi
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspfine sea salt
How to Make Delicious Gluten-free Pumpkin Spice Cornmeal Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy, and add the oil; whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Pumpkin Pie Spice and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter. Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the twelve muffin cups. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or so, until the muffins are firm to the touch and golden. Check with a wooden pick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the muffins are done.
- Place the muffin pan on a wire to cool a bit- maybe five minutes- then remove the muffins from the tin and place them on the wire rack to continue cooling.
- Serve warm or cold. Tastes great the next day!
- Store leftover muffins (wrapped and bagged) in the freezer. Thaw and reheat by toasting.