Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Coconut
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The chocolate and coconut in this recipe are a really tasty accompaniment to the banana. These would be make for a terrific breakfast or a filling afternoon snack! The Test Kitchen
3large, ripe bananas
1/3 cmelted margarine
1 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
·pinch of salt
1 3/4 cself-rising flour
6 ozchocolate chips
·shredded, sweetened coconut
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl blend ripe bananas, melted margarine,and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix completely.
- Add baking soda and salt to flour and add into banana mixture. Blend until there are no lumps. Add chocolate chips and mix into batter.
- Pour into prepared muffin pans 1/2 to 3/4 full(I used a pan that had 6 x-large and a pan with 6 regular size muffins). Will make aprox. 18 regular muffins.
add coconut to the muffins prior to baking, use as little or as much as you like.
- Bake for 30 to 35 min or until done.