Asparagus Mushroom Strata
Shawn A Reed
- 1 lb
- asparagus, frozen or fresh
- 8 oz
- mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 to 6
- english muffins toated and cubed
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper ( may have used more pepper, we like pepper)
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- italian blend cheese, shredded
How to Make Asparagus Mushroom Strata
- 1Blanch asparagus in boiling water, saute mushrooms in butter. After the asparagus is blanched cut into 1 and 1/2 in pieces.
- 2Beat eggs then add milk, mustard and salt & pepper in large bowl
- 3mix cheeses together
- 4I used my broiler to toast my muffins to save time, cube muffins and place in a 9x13 greased baking dish add half the cheese then the asparagus and mushrooms add the other half of cheese and pour egg mixture over all, slowly.
- 5cover and place in the frig over night or at least 5 hours. Bake at 350 for 40 to 60 minutes.