Homemade flat bread
Ramona's Cuisine -
Quantity wise, I use 1 kg flour and it lasts for 10 days for a family of 4 but, as I said, tailor the quantities according to your needs/consumption.
Enjoy these simple flat breads (especially warm) with houmous or a yogurt dip.
Yumm, yumm , yumm!!!!!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·500 g white flour (organic)
·150 ml water (lukewarm)
·1 tsp sugar
·15 g dry yeast or 1 oz fresh yeast
·2 tsp salt
·olive oil (to cook)
How to Make Homemade flat bread
- In a mug or a small bowl put the yeast and the sugar topped by 75 ml of lukewarm water. Mix well and place aside for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the flour in a larger bowl together with the salt. Make a well and pour in the yeast mixture. Allow to rest for 20-30 min.
- Mix all and keep on pouring the warm water gradually. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough no longer sticks to your hand and becomes really elastic and smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour or drizzle some olive oil and shape the dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in that warm or sunny side of your kitchen. Allow this to rise till it gets about double in size. I would say 45' in a nice and warm place or 60-90' if cool.
- When you are happy with the rising of the dough, place a pan on fire (ideally a cast iron one) with a few drops of oil or even without.
- Pick up a small amount of dough (the size of a small orange and on a floured or oiled surface reshape the dough and flatten to a desired thickness (I suggest no thicker than 1/2 cm).
- Cook on a low-medium fire till cooked on both sides.