Kumquat Pecan Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largeeggs, beaten
2 call-purpose flour
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cpureed kumquats (about 2 to 2 1/4 cups halved kumquats before pureeing)
3/4 cchopped pecans
How to Make Kumquat Pecan Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- To puree kumquats: wash the kumquats and cut each one in half. Remove seeds. Place kumquat halves in food processor and process until pureed; set aside. (I actually finely chopped mine rather than pureeing them, and it worked out just fine.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs and oil.
- In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until moistened. Fold in pureed kumquats and pecans.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50-60 minutes. Cool, then remove from pan.
Excellent served with orange marmalade.