Cinnamon Bun Scones
Maybe the best scones you will ever taste
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- quaker oats, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- +2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 Tbsp
- (1 stick) butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 c
- whole or 2% milk
- egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- toasted chopped pecans
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tsp
- orange juice or milk
How to Make Cinnamon Bun Scones
- 1Heat oven to 425 F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (Do not blend completely.) Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 4Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- 5In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.