Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- tapioca starch, also called finely ground tapioca flour such as bob’s red mill
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- canola or soybean oil
- 1 tsp
- 2 medium
- 8 oz
- queijo minas or shredded parmesan, mozzarella or provolone cheese
How to Make Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Place the milk, oil and salt in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- 3Once boiling, remove the liquid from the stovetop and pour it over the flour using a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix it.
- 4Allow the dough to cool to room temperature and add the eggs, one at a time mixing them into the dough until soft.
- 5Add in the cheese while working it into the dough with your hands
- 6Roll the dough into small, bite-sized balls.
- 7Place the balls on a cookie sheet with space in between them, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until slightly browned on top.