Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbtapioca starch, also called finely ground tapioca flour such as bob’s red mill
1/2 ccanola or soybean oil
8 ozqueijo minas or shredded parmesan, mozzarella or provolone cheese
How to Make Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the milk, oil and salt in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the liquid from the stovetop and pour it over the flour using a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix it.
- Allow the dough to cool to room temperature and add the eggs, one at a time mixing them into the dough until soft.
- Add in the cheese while working it into the dough with your hands
- Roll the dough into small, bite-sized balls.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet with space in between them, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until slightly browned on top.