How to Make Thamool
- 1Separate out one egg white and set aside. Combine the yolk and the remaining eggs with flour, milk, yeast, salt, and sugar and knead about 10 minutes, either by hand or in machine. Dough should be tough and dry, just moist enough not to crumble and break. Depending on climate and weather, it may be necessary add either more flour or water to achieve the correct consistency. Cover and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- 2Add black cumin seeds, cut in butter to dough mixture and knead once again until all butter is incorporated and dough is smooth, about 5 minutes. Do not over knead. Do not skip this step, as it will ensure the proper texture of the biscuit.
- 3Separate into 6 balls and roll each ball out to a small disc, about 5 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet.
- 4Prepare egg wash by combining the egg white with 1 tsp. water and beating lightly. Wash the prepared dough with egg wash.
- 5Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of biscuits are browned. Serve with tea or coffee.