Millie's Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Make Millie's Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Measure flour then sift into large bowl.
- 2cut lard into flour or flour hands and roll lard into little snakes and pinch off pea size pieces.
- 3Make a well in center of flour and add in buttermilk, starting with 2/3 cup and work flour into center. Add more buttermilk alittle at a time if needed.
- 4Turn out onto floured table and knead gently 4 or 5 times. Lightly dust rolling pin and dough with flour then roll out dough , rolling 1st one way then opposite way to about 1/2 - 3/4 in thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter or use a soup can with both ends cut off. Gather leftover dough and knead back together , roll, and cut. Repeat till dough is used up.
- 5Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray or using a paper towel, apply light coating of lard. Place biscuits 1/2 inch apart. Brush tops with buttermilk. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Brush tops with alittle melted butter as soon as you take them out.