GOAT CHEESE AND CHIVE BISCUITS
2 call purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tsponion powder
4 Tbspdried or fresh chives
2 Tbspcold butter
4 ozgoat cheese (set out to get to room temp)
·extra flour for dusting surface and dough
·melted butter for brushing tops before and after baking
How to Make GOAT CHEESE AND CHIVE BISCUITS
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, onion powder and chives together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture, Next cut cold butter into the mixture until it is incorporated and everything looks like rough cornmeal.
Make a well in center of flour/shortening mixture
- In a small bowl add room temp Goat Cheese and milk and mix together, it doesn't have to be smooth just get the goat cheese broke down some.
- Add the goat cheese/milk mix to the well in your flour mix and mix until just incorporated
- Dough will be wet and sticky!
- Heavy flour a work surface and turn dough out on to it and knead it until it comes together. Fold dough in half and pat down with your hands, repeat the folding 3 more times. Adding more flour to work surface and dough as you go to keep it from sticking,
- After folding is finished pat dough down until it is 1 inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter, Place biscuits on parchment paper lined baking sheet or spray with Pam for tall biscuits let edges touch for crispy all around biscuits place biscuits apart.
- Lightly brush top of biscuits with melted butter.
- Place biscuits in 425 degree pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes, turning pan halfway through baking.
Remove from oven and brush with melted butter