Chive Potato Cakes
1 lbyukon gold potatoes, unpeeled
·1 head garlic, separated into cloves, unpeeled
3/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
3/4 cchopped chives
2 Tbspvegetable oil for frying
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Chive Potato Cakes
- Add potatoes & garlic to cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium & simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well. Skin potatoes and coarsely grate. Slip garlic out of its skin.
- Discard skin and fold garlic into potatoes along with butter, cheese, egg and chives.
- Form mixture into 4 cakes about 1 inch thick. Heat oil in non-stick skillet.
- Fry cakes about 3 minutes a side or until crust forms and are heated through.