Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 large squid tubes
·1 pinch himalayan salt
·pepper freshly ground
·1 pinch cayenne pepper
·1 large garlic clove
·1 lemon (or lemon juice) to serve
·3-4 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Spicy calamari
- Wash thoroughly the squid, cut into rings about 1 cm thick sprinkle some salt and rest aside in a sieve to drain properly.
- Peel the garlic, crush and chop coarsely.
- Place a nonstick frying pan on a medium heat. Put half of the oil and when it pretty hot place the squid rings in. There will be some water released but if it's not too much leave it. It will evaporate as you cook the squids. If it is quite a lot of water just dispose of some. Just to have an idea on 'allowed', there should be roughly about 4 spoonful of liquid which is enough to cook the squid. Keep on stirring pretty much continuously until the water has all run out. The whole thing shouldn't take longer than 12-13 min.
- When the squid is cooked add the remainder of the oil, the garlic, the cayenne pepper and the Cajun powder.
- Toss in the frying pan for about one minute and take off the heat.
- Place in a serving plate and enjoy with an extra pinch of freshly ground pepper and a good squeeze of a lemon.