Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
**You an alternate finely chopped green onions with the walla wallas. :)
8 ozimitation crabmeat
8 ozboxes cream cheese, softened on counter
1/2 conion, finely chopped (walla walla or vidalia preferred)
·salt and pepper, to taste
6 Tbspoil, deep enough to cover wontons half way
·garlic powder, to taste (optional)
·sweet chili sauce, for dipping
How to Make Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
- *Soften cream cheese on counter while prepping onions and cooking mixture.
- In skillet sauté onions, butter, crab with garlic powder (if using), salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Immediately stir hot mixture into softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Spoon small amount of mixture into middle of each wonton.
- Moisten fingertips and apply to edges of wrappers, then press together to close forming a triangular shape (folded in half).
- Bring outer tips together and press to loosely form a pointed fortune cookie shape.
- Heat oil in skillet (medium to medium high), and place wontons in hot oil.
- Turn a couple of times until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- Watch closely as they will turn dark very quickly. ;)
- When done place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping. Enjoy!! :)