Shrimp Cocktail ~ My Way!
So much better than that shrimp ring you buy at the store!
3 to 4 qtwater
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbspold bay seasoning
1 1/2 tspcoarse ground pepper
3 clovegarlic, peeled and smashed
1 smallonion, quartered
1 1/2 to 2 lbmedium size, wild caught shrimp 21/25 count
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail ~ My Way!
- In a large pot with water, mix the lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning, ground black pepper, smashed garlic, bay leaf, and quartered onion.
Bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes or so.
- While the seasoned water is simmering, prepare the shrimp.
Peel, devein, and I prefer the tails removed.
(seems to me, people always leave that last little bit of meat in the tail when eating, it gets wasted)
- Bring the seasoned water to a rapid boil.
Add the shrimp, and cook for about 3 minutes.
They will be nice and pink on the outside, and cooked through.
DO NOT OVER COOK, the shrimp will be tough.
- When cooking is complete, put the shrimp in a big bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
Remove from the ice water, and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.
Enjoy, this is a treat!