SHRIMP BUTTER (Cheese Ball)
- 1 stick
- butter (softened to room temperature)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 4 oz
- can of shrimp devined (medium) - drained
- 1 small
- onion (finely chopped) or 3 tablespoons
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp
- Each dash(es)
- garlic powder/salt, salt & pepper
How to Make SHRIMP BUTTER (Cheese Ball)
- 1Mix together one stick butter and 8 oz. cream cheese until creamy. Then add 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh), mayonnaise, finely chopped onions, and a dash of garlic powder/salt, salt & pepper.
- 2Drain and rinse shrimp from 4 oz. can. Pat dry with paper towel. Mash slightly. Mix with fork to fold into the above mixture. Done...
- 3To shape into a cheese ball, put the softened shrimp butter mixture into a small size bowl lined with a large piece of Saran Wrap (should overlap the sides of the bowl). Overlapped sides should be long enough to cover the bowl - or just cover the bowl. Refrigerate overnight to get firm.
- 4To serve, uncover the bowl & "turn upside down" onto a plate. Remove the Saran Wrap from the hardened shrimp butter to shape as a cheese ball. I smooth out creases from Saran Wrap with a damp butter knife for a nice presentation as shown in the photo. SERVE WITH CRACKERS of your choice.
- 5OPTIONAL: Serve chilled Shrimp Butter in a small bowl - Eliminate above steps to shape into a "cheese ball."