Fried Almond Tapas
Chef Potpie (Laurel)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 craw, blanched whole almonds
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
How to Make Fried Almond Tapas
- Over medium heat, in a small saute pan so the almonds are a bit crowded, pour a generous 1/4 cup of EVOO and the almonds.
- Keep the almonds moving, constantly stirring them in the oil. It might seem like there is too much oil, but it's OK.
- Keep frying the almonds, constantly stirring and mixing. They will start to sizzle in the oil, and this is what you want. After 5 or 6 minutes they should be a light golden color. (Once they begin to turn golden they go pretty fast. I had to adjust my heat to low so they wouldn't get too dark too fast.) Do not overcook as they can become bitter.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the almonds to a paper towel-lined tray and immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Shake the tray to disperse the salt through the almonds.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes and transfer to serving dish.