Deep Fried Onion Balls with Cajun Ranch Sauce
Onion Broilers are like pearly onions, but a little bigger! Found in the PRODUCE SECTION LABLED ONION BROILERS!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a wonderfully different appetizer for your next dinner party! With 4 tablespoons of red pepper they do pack a healthy punch, but they were still definitely a unanimous hit with the entire Crew. The Test Kitchen
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 small
- packet Hidden Valley Ranch
- 5 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 1/2 Tbsp
- cayenne pepper,divided
- 2 c
- self-rising flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- milk, add more if needed
- bags onion boilers, peeled
- 1 bottle
- canola oil
How to Make Deep Fried Onion Balls with Cajun Ranch Sauce
- 1Preheat deep fryer to 400 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl add the sour cream, ranch packet, 1 tablespoon of the cajun seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper. Mix well. Chill while onion boilers cook.
- 3In a medium bowl add the flour, egg and milk. Mix well.
- 4Add 4 tablespoons of cajun seasoning to the batter.
- 5Add 4 tablespoons of the cayenne pepper to the batter.
- 6Add the salt and black pepper to the batter. Mix well.
- 7Take each onion boiler and coat with the batter. Deep fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towel.
- 9Enjoy with Cajun sauce!