Cream cheese and pesto bruschetta with fresh basil
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·3 tbsp pesto sauce homemade
·8 slices nice and crusty bruschetta or 4 slices of bread
·4 tbsp cream cheese any that you like *
·2 tomatoes cut into quarters or 8 cherry tomatoes halved
·2 tsp olive oil
·fresh basil flowers or basil leaves to garnish
·2 tbsp pine nuts or sunflower seeds toasted optional
How to Make Cream cheese and pesto bruschetta with fresh basil
- Wash and cut each tomato into quarters. Place in a pan with a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Allow to cook covered on medium heat for 1 min. Turn the tomatoes and cook for 1 min on each side. Drizzle more oil if you find it necessary. Cook until the tomatoes begin to soften but don’t over cook them. Once ready, set aside.
- Toast the bread in toaster or oven if you are making more than two people.
- Spread the creme cheese equally between the slices.
- Add a layer of pesto sauce over the creme cheese topped by 2 pieces of tomatoes.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped basil leaves or some basil flowers, some toasted pine nuts or simply some toasted sunflower seeds. Enjoy