Easy Venison Salami
3 lbground venison
1 lbground pork (we use pork butt roasts when we grind to add to our venison hamburger)
4 Tbspmortons tender curing salt
2 tsponion powder
2 tspminced garlic (dry)
2 tspminced onion (dry)
2 tsppeppercorns, coarsely ground
2 tspyellow mustard seed
·heavy duty aluminum foil
·large cookie or baking sheet
How to Make Easy Venison Salami
- Combine all ingredents in a large bowl and mix well. Then cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- Remove from the refrige and knead like you would bread dough for 4 or 5 minutes. Cover and return to the fridge for another 24 hours
- remove from fridge and once again knead the meat mixture for 4 or 5 minutes. return to fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into logs approximatly 4 inches in diameter
- place each log in the center of a piece of tin foil enough to wrap around the log and crimp at each end.
- Place the wrapped loaves on a foil-covered large cookie sheet.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 3 hours, turn the logs over and bake for another 3 hours. or until meat thermometer gives a internal temp of 162 degrees
- Remove from the oven, unwrap the salami logs and place on paper towels to drain and absorb any excess grease. Once drained place logs in the fefrigerator to chill overnight. ENJOY