Chicken Parm Balls
·2 lbs. ground chicken
·¾ cup shredded pecorino or parmesan cheese
·1 tsp. kosher salt
·½ tsp. black pepper
·¼ cup finely minced onion
·2 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
·2 cloves garlic, minced
·1 tsp. lemon zest
·4 cups marinara sauce, plus more for dipping(store bought or homemade)
·sliced mozzarella, cut into 1” squares
·1 tbsp. garlic powder
·chopped parsley - garnish for serving
How to Make Chicken Parm Balls
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Set oven rack in upper part of oven.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the marinara and the mozzarella. Lightly mix together, using your hands or a large spoon.
- Scoop and shape into small meatballs and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Spoon half the marinara sauce over meatballs and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and increase the oven temperature to broil.
- Spoon remaining sauce over meatballs, making sure to cover each one, followed by a small square of mozzarella.
- Broil an additional 3 minutes, until the cheese has melted and just beginning to brown slightly.
- Remove to serving plate and sprinkle on chopped parsley. Serve with additional sauce.