Vegetarian pizza on ciabatta bread
Ramona's Cuisine -
I enjoy this with some sriracha sauce or my totally irresistible chilli and ginger jam which I have to say it’s a must have in the fridge at all time.
Of course if you fancy adding some chorizo, salami, ham or any other meats feel absolutely free to add as another layer over the tomato sauce.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 ciabatta breads cut
·200 g cheese grated * i used a mix of two cheeses
·200 ml tomato sauce like a bolognese sauce*
·1 red onion small
·12 olives chopped ( optional)
·1 tsp italian herbs optional
·4 tbsp parsley fresh – to garnish
How to Make Vegetarian pizza on ciabatta bread
- Warm up the oven at 190C – 375F and prepare a pizza or an oven baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut the ciabatta bread length wise and grill (cut facing down) in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Chop some olives, one red onion (make it into rings)
- Brush the bread with the tomato sauce with a generous layer (as generous as you like) add some herbs if you like to the tomato sauce (see my notes in recipe notes below)
- Sprinkle the olives and the onions and place in the oven. Bake for 10 min at 190C.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle a generous layer of the blended grated cheese (I used half hard mozzarella and half mild cheddar). Place back in the oven and carry on baking for another 5-7 min approximately or until the cheese turns nice and gets a beautiful golden colour.
- Take out of the oven, allow it to cool for a couple of minutes and serve whilst still nice and warm.