☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cself rising flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
6 Tbspbutter, softened to room temperature
1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1-2 Tbspvegemite (or marmite)
How to Make Vegemite and Cheese Pinwheels
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine both flours and butter.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter through the flours until you have a crumb consistency, then add ¾ of the cheese combination and 2/3 cup milk. Work into a dough ball with your hands.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and gently work the dough into a rectangle 3/4 inch thick.
- Spread Vegemite evenly over the top of the dough and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Starting with long edge nearest you, roll dough into a rope shape, keeping it as tight as possible.
- Cut rolled rope into 8 equal rounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven and place the rounds on a wire cooling rack.