★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 mediumbutter croissants (or appropriate number of other sizes)
3/4 cplum preserves, strained, with plums reserved
1/2 cgoat cheese or cream cheese
How to Make Proscuitto Bites
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Carefully slice the croissants lengthwise. Place the 8 croissant halves on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread each croissant half with 4 teaspoons of the strained preserves, spreading to the edge.
- Slice the reserved plums into fourths. Evenly divide them between the croissant halves, placing the plum slices at regular intervals on top of the preserves.
- Trim the fat from the prosciutto slices. Place the prosciutto slices over the preserves and plums. Trim any overhang and place on top of the preserves. (Each croissant half will need about 3/4 slice prosciutto.)
- Chop and crumble the goat cheese (or cream cheese) into 1/2 teaspoon portions. Evenly dot the prosciutto with the cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is just beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Using tongs, carefully place each croissant half onto a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut each croissant half into four "bites".