Mini Bacon & Herb Cheese Balls
The prep time is only about 10 minutes, but I put 2 hrs + 10 min. as you need to refrigerate them for at least 2 hours so they set well.
*FYI: This picture was given to me along with the typed recipe. I will post a more recent picture when I make these again.
- (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 4 slice
- cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- toasted ground walnuts
How to Make Mini Bacon & Herb Cheese Balls
- 1Combine the cream cheese and seasonings together. Stir in the chopped bacon and mozzarella making sure the mixture is blended well.
- 2Place the walnuts in a small bowl or pan. Shape the mixture into 54 balls (use a teaspoonful for each so they're uniform in size). Roll them in the walnuts, making sure to coat each completely. Place them on a serving tray or sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap. Put them in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for at least 2 hours.
- 3* You can change up the flavor of these by using different cheeses in place of the mozzarella (like cheddar, pepper jack...), different flavored cream cheeses, or using different spices.
I've made them using pineapple cream cheese, finely chopped proscuitto, shredded cheddar cheese & red pepper flakes (just enough to give it a lil' kick!).