☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 sliceprovolone cheese, each 2 inches thick
3-4 Tbspolive oil
1 tspdried oregano
1/4 tspdried chilli flakes
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Grilled Provolone Cheese
- Place cheese slices on a platter or cutting board and lightly brush each slice of cheese on one side only with oil. Sprinkle evenly with half the oregano and chilli flakes.
- Turn them over and repeat with remaining oil, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Brush a ridged grill pan with oil. Heat until very hot, wither on a stove top or in a hot oven.
- Place slices on pan and cook 2 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over with metal spatula and cook other side 2 minutes.
- Place on plates and drizzle any remaining oil on slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with slices of crusty bread.