Goat Cheese Torta with Pesto and Sun-dried Tomatoe
- 6 oz
- goat cheese
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 8 clove
- garlic, peeled, smushed, and chopped (i usually put in lots and more, at least 8 cloves. it's up to you.)
- 1/2 c
- pesto (at least)
- 1/2 c
- chopped up fine oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, including 1 - 2 tsp of the marinade
- decorate with fresh herbs, such as branches of thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and sliced baguettes.
- olive oil
How to Make Goat Cheese Torta with Pesto and Sun-dried Tomatoe
- 1Mix goat cheese and cream cheese, add the garlic. Check the taste. Add salt and black pepper if you want.
- 2Line a small glass bowl (about 2 - 3 cups) with plastic wrap.
Put about 1/3 of the goat cheese mix into the bowl,
and all but 1/2 Tbs. of the pine nuts.
Top this with the pesto.
Put another 1/3 of the goat cheese mix on top of this.
Put the sundried tomatoes on this.
Top with the rest of the cheese.
Put plastic wrap over the top of this.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to four days.
- 3Half an hour before serving, take the bowl out of the refrigerator.
Pull on the edges of the plastic to loosen the terrine from the bowl.
Invert the terrine onto a plate, drizzle with a little olive oil, and let sit for 1/2 hour to warm up.
Sprinkle with the remaining pine nuts, season liberally with pepper, and serve.