CHEESE & PESTO EASY BAKE APPETIZER
Recipe: Courtesy of Kraft Foods. (Was slightly modified.)
- 1 can(s)
- (4 oz. or 8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (cut dough in half or 3/4 for 8 oz. can of dough)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- digiornio basil pesto sauce (i used "classico" brand & drained liquid)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped roasted red peppers (i used mancini brand "sweet" roasted red peppers)
How to Make CHEESE & PESTO EASY BAKE APPETIZER
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll dough on lightly greased baking sheet; press seams together to form 12 x 4-inch rectangle.
- 2CUT brick of cream cheese in half horizontally; place one half on top of one half of the dough. Top with 1 Tbsp. pesto and red peppers. Place other half of cream cheese brick on top. Top with remaining pesto. Brush edges with egg. Bring dough over cream cheese to completely enclose cream cheese; press edges together to seal. Brush with egg.
- 3BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with Ritz crackers and fresh vegetables. Makes 12 servings.
- 4To save time, prepare this recipe several hours ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake.